In the course of my work, I collect, process and store personal data. This may be from individuals with whom I engage, from organisations with which I work or from people who sign up to receive my monthly newsletter.
My priorities when collecting, processing and storing personal data are:
- to collect only the data that I require to perform my work;
- to explain clearly what data I am collecting and what I will use it for;
- to use personal data only for the purpose(s) for which it was collected;
- to store personal data securely; and
- to retain it only for as long as is necessary.
In addition to data that I collect, my clients sometimes also share with me personal data that they control, as part of assignments on which they have commissioned me to work.
In accordance with UK privacy and data protection legislation, I collect, process and store personal data only when I have a lawful basis for doing so. Such a basis might include:
- a person’s consent (for example, to send them my monthly newsletter);
- a contractual relationship (for example, to provide an individual or organisation with specific services that they have commissioned from me);
- processing that is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation (for example to carry out due diligence on new clients); and
- Sockmonkey Consulting Limited’s legitimate interests (for example, to ensure the integrity and quality of the services that I provide).
On occasion, I use suitable third party applications or suppliers to assist in the collection, processing or storing of personal data. I do not share personal data with any other third parties unless I am required explicitly to do so under law. And I do not sell personal data to anyone, ever.
Sockmonkey Consulting Limited is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office, registration number ZA057900.
Should you have any queries about the way in which I collect, process and store personal data, or if you wish to know more about any data I may hold about you, please don’t hesitate to contact me.